Earth – The Living Planet
For Class 3
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- Why do we say that the planet Earth is unique?
- Who was Ferdinand Magellan?
- What is the shape of the Earth? Give two ways to prove this.
- What is the horizon?
- Describe the sky.
B. TRUE OR FALSE.
- An astronaut is a person who travels around the world.
- The Earth is a huge ball of burning gases.
- Magellan sailed in one direction and finally his ship reached the place from where it had started.
- There is more land on the surface of the Earth than water.
- The sky is a vast space in the universe.