Keeping Our Surroundings Clean
For Class 4
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- What happen to the waste we throw into neighbourhood bins?
- Give two reasons why we should stop using plastic bags.
- Write two things we can do to reduce waste.
- Name two diseases that mosquitoes spread.
- Give two reasons why it is not a good idea to throw away glass with the rest of our waste.
- Name two types of waste that can be recycled.
B. TRUE OR FALSE.
- People are a part of our environment.
- Drains carry liquid waste.
- Plastic bags can be used to make compost.
- Recycling reduces waste and saves resources.
- Another name for liquid waste is sewage.
B. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
- Things that surround us make up our ________.
- Things we throw away are called ________.
- Making new things out of waste is _________.
- _________ is rotten waste that is good for growing plants.
- Dirty water from buildings and streets flows away through ________.