Agriculture and Industry
For Class 4
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- What is the difference between food crops and cash crops?
- What kind of soil and climate are good for growing rice? Name two states where rice is grown.
- What is a cottage industry? Give an example.
- Name two centres of the textile industry in India. Are they close to cotton-growing areas?
- Jowar and bajra are important crops in Rajasthan. Why?
- List three reasons why we need industries.
B. WRITE TRUE OR FALSE.
- Very few Indians work as farmers.
- India sells tea and spices to other countries.
- Wheat grows well in Punjab and Haryana.
- Minerals are important raw materials.
- Cottage industries need more workers than large-scale industries.
C. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
- The most important food crops are ____________________.
- _________ and __________ are cash crops.
- North-eastern India has many ________ gardens.
- Industries that use raw material from farms are ________ industries.
- The _________ industry is a large-scale, mineral-based industry.
- Embroidery is a type of __________ industry.