Caring for People
For Class 4
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- Write two ways in which you can help old people.
- Doctors and nurses care for people who are in hospital. Then why do such people need friends and relatives around them?
- How do the blind read Braille?
- What does the story of the selfish giant teach us?
- People who become deaf at a young age are unable to speak. Why?
B. TRUE OR FALSE.
- Children cannot help other children.
- Old people often become forgetful.
- Both Louis Braille and Helen Keller became blind in childhood.
- NGOs work only for people with special needs.
- An orphanage may be run by the government or by an NGO.
- Children living in orphanages cannot be adopted.
C. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
- Braille letters are made up of _________ dots.
- Helen Keller spent her life working for people with ________ needs.
- A group of people living in the same locality make up a __________.
- An NGO works for the community, and is not run by the __________.
- A child whose parents are dead is an ___________.