Development of Transport
For Class 4
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- What are metalled roads?
- Why have industries not developed in Indian villages?
- How are express trains different from passenger trains?
- How did the invention of the steam engine help us?
- What are the advantages of air transport?
B. TRUE OR FALSE.
- The first cars ran on petrol.
- Most of India’s village roads are not metalled.
- Steam engines were invented to pull trains.
- Ships are now mostly used to transport goods.
- Hot-air balloons cannot be steered.