Why is the Indian postal services important for villagers?
Answer: The Indian postal services are important for villagers because
1. Courier companies charges more for letters and parcels,
2. Courier companies do not serve all places,
3. Post offices offer services like sending money through money order but courier companies do not provide such services.
List three reasons why radio and television are important.
Answer: The radio and television are important because
1. Messages sent through it can be heard or watched by millions.
2. It can be useful for warning people about things like floods or storms.
3. It also allow people to hear or watch live broadcasts of sports, musical and other events held anywhere in the world.
What changes did the development of wireless communication bring?
Answer: The development of wireless communication made it possible to send messages to places that were not connected by wires. First it was used to send messages to ships at sea and later to flying aircraft. Radio, television and mobile phones were also developed.
Why are mobile phones so popular? Give four reasons.
Answer: Mobile phones have become popular because
1. It can be carried around.
2. It is cheap.
3. It can be used for taking photographs and videos.
4. It can be used for sending and getting emails, paying bills, etc. over internet.
B. TRUE OR FALSE.
India has the largest number of post offices in the world.
Samuel Morse invented the telephone.
The wireless telegraph was invented before the telephone.
The internet connects all the computers of the world.
The Morse code can be used to send messages in Indian languages.
False. Alexander Graham bell invented thee telephone.
False. Internet is a network of computers that can be used to send emails, video chat, share pictures, etc.
False. Morse code uses dots and dashes to represent the letters of the English alphabet and the numerals 0-9.
C. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
A message sent by a telegraph is called a ___________.
All the telephones of a town are connected to a telephone __________.
STD stands for subscriber ________ dialing.
Guglielmo Marconi is known for his work on __________communication.
Mobile phone signals are picked up by the nearest __________ tower.