Safety and First Aid
For Class 3
Important Points on Safety and First Aid
- First Aid:When an accident happens and someone gets hurt, we should try to keep cool and help the injured person. The first immediate help that an injured person needs is called first aid.
In case of bleeding, wash the wound with clean water and cotton. If the bleeding does not stop, apply a bandage.
In case of burn, put the burn part under cold water until it stops paining.
After giving first aid call a doctor.
- Safety rules at home:
Always use knives, scissors, blades, matchsticks and fireworks in the presence of an adult.
Never play with electrical plug points, open wires and electrical things. It can give electrical shocks which can kill a person also.
Do not fly kites or play on the terrace of your house.
- Safety rules on the road:
To cross a road always use zebra crossing.
Do you know what the traffic signal means? Red signal ask you to STOP. Yellow signal ask you to WAIT. Green signal ask you to GO.
Always walk on the footpath and when you are cycling on the road always keep to your left.
- Safety rules in the school:
Do not run on a staircase. You can fall down and hurt yourself. Also, do not push anyone on a staircase.
Do not play and run inside a classroom. Corners of desk and bench can hurt you.
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- What is first aid?
- What will you do if your friend has burnt his hand?
- Why should small children not light fireworks themselves?
- What does the traffic signal light Red, Yellow and Green stands for?
B. FILL IN THE BLANKS
- The immediate help you give to a person who is hurt is called __________.
- You should cross a road only at the _________ crossing.
- When the traffic light changes to ______ vehicles should stop.
- Always keep to your _______ side when you are riding a cycle.
- You should not fly kites or play on the _________.
C. QUIZ. MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS[HDquiz quiz = “34”]
D. POLL. VOTE THE ANSWER WHICH YOU THINK IS CORRECT[Total_Soft_Poll id=”6″] [Total_Soft_Poll id=”7″]