For Class 4
A. Answer these questions.
- Define Solar System?
- What are asteroids?
- What are shooting stars?
- How does atmosphere protect us?
- Why earth is called a special planet?
- Why water is important for us?
B. Write true or false.
- There are 9 planets in our solar system.
- The sun is a star.
- The atmosphere act as a blanket and protects earth from becoming very cold at night.
- Water is found in two forms – solid and liquid.
- Air is a mixture of gases like oxygen, carbon dioxide and water vapour.
- Apart from earth there are life on other planets also.
- Large rocky object found between Mars and Jupiter are called comets.
- Earth is at the right distance from sun, which makes it neither too hot nor too cold.
- Large part of our earth is covered by water.
- Earth is the main source of energy for life.
C. Fill in the blanks.
- The early earth got its oceans after it got its ___________.
- Icy objects that glow as they come near the sun are called ___________.
- Pockets in the soil hold __________ and ___________.
- Millions of years ago, the solar system had just ___________ and dust.
- Water vapour in the atmosphere forms __________.
- More than half our body weight is due to __________.
- There are pockets (empty spaces) in the _______ that hold air and water.
- Water is found as _______ near poles.
- As we climb higher the amount of oxygen in the air _________.
- Air has ________ which is needed to form clouds.
D. Match the following.
|1. High Mountains||a. Star|
|2. Shooting star||b. Meteor|
|3. Large rocky objects||c. Layer of air|
|4. Broken rocks and other things||d. Small organism|
|5. Soil has||e. A living thing|
|6. Sun||f. Soil|
|7. Jupiter||g. Neptune|
|8. Atmosphere||h. Less oxygen|
|9. Icy planet||i. No life|
|10. Organism||j. Asteroids|