For Class 4
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- What is a natural resource? Give two example.
- What is the difference between renewable energy and non-renewable energy sources?
- How do we use river water?
- How does cutting down trees affect soil?
- Name four minerals.
- How was petroleum formed? Name three fuels we get from petroleum.
- Why is coal not a mineral?
- What is an ore? Give example of two ores.
- Why dams are built? Name two Indian dams.
- What are minerals? Give two examples of minerals.
B. WRITE TRUE OR FALSE.
- Trees are renewable resource.
- Coal and petroleum are renewable resources.
- Black soil is good for growing cotton.
- Air cannot help us generate electricity.
- The remains of plants and animals can turn into resources.
C. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
- If used carefully, fresh water and trees are ___________ resources.
- The soil found in the northern plains is _________ soil.
- A river’s water can be stored by building a __________ across it.
- The ________ and the _________ are snow-fed rivers of India.
- The _________ is a mineral-rich region of India.