Forests and Wildlife
For Class 4
A. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
- On what does natural vegetation depend?
- What kinds of plants are found in mountain forests?
- Give reasons why forests are being cut away.
- Give three examples each of wild animals and birds found in India.
- Protecting forests is the first step we can take to save wildlife. Why?
- Define Rainforests, Monsoon forests and Thorn forests.
- Define Mangrove forests. In which area in India, mangrove forests are found?
- Why forests are important to us?
- Name any three national parks in India?
B. WRITE TRUE OR FALSE.
- Monsoon forests are deciduous forests.
- Areas with very heavy rainfall have thorn forests.
- Trees stop the soil from being carried away by rain or wind.
- The Asiatic lion is in danger of becoming extinct.
- Hunting is not allowed in national parks.
C. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
- Most trees in __________ forests shed their leaves in the dry season.
- ________ forests are found in dry areas.
- Using less __________ and ___________ can help save forests.
- The ________ and _________ are big cats found in India.
- __________ and __________ protect animals and their homes.